Last Revised: December 1st, 2019
- Your Consent
- Which information we may collect on our Users?
We collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is un-identified and anonymous information (“Non-Personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User installs the App and when he/she uses the App. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, browser type, the type of the User’s mobile device and its operating system and version, device language, device storage, screen resolution and other modes (e.g. vibration mode, camera, Bluetooth), User’s ‘click-stream’ in the App, time spent on various screens of the App, date and time stamps, Internet connectivity, etc.
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies, or may with reasonable effort identify an individual, or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”) including, but not limited to:
- Users of the App automatically provide access to the following information, services and resources on your mobile device: their mobile device ID, phone state and identity, carrier information, phone number, location and Bluetooth connection, data from other apps, photo and video libraries, camera, microphone, and internet and data services.
- Your name, your home address, cell phone number, email address, and demographic information. This information is stored on our servers.
- We note that the App requests access to the User’s image and video capture, camera function, photos, ambient light sensors in order to enable the User to take images using the App, and for the Company to access such images.
- We note that the App may require as part of certain surveys access to your GPS, and other location identification data.
- We note that the App requests access to Medical history and information, such as your height/weight, prior medical diagnosis and testing (e.g., diagnosis of an irregular heart rhythm), current and previous use of certain medications (e.g., blood thinning medications), certain family history (e.g., history of atrial fibrillation) and health habits (e.g., smoking). This information may be collected through in-app surveys or other health surveys that you may be asked to complete.
- We note that the App requests access to Biometric and other sensor information, such as heart rate and beat to beat calculations, pedometer, altitude and movement sensors.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
- How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
- We collect information through your installation and use of the App. In other words, when you are using the App we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below. Non-personal Information is collected from your mobile device automatically through your use of the App once your mobile device is on.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information when you, at your discretion, decide to provide us (e.g. your name, email and phone number). We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed in Section 9 below.
- What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
We collect Non-Personal Information and Personal Information in order to provide the Services.
We collect Non-Personal Information in order to:
- Provide the Services
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of the App and our Services.
- Improve our metrics and the quality of the Services and gather statistics for commercial purposes and in order to enhance the User’s experience.
- Engage with third parties for commercial or research purposes.
We collect Personal Information in order to:
- Provide the Services
- Allow you to export it to your, your organization’s or third parties’ systems for your own purposes.
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs in to the Services.
- Be able to reply to the User’s support requests or other question concerning the Services.
- Determine geo-location information from which the User’s mobile device or computer is connected to the Internet in order to render the Services, for statistical purposes as well as in order to safeguard our Services.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Summa may transfer and disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties at its sole discretion and without restriction.
We take industry accepted standards to maintain the security and integrity of our App through a quarterly software release cycle and regular security reviews, so that we may protect our User’s information and our User’s Employers’ information, and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
The information which is gathered from the App is sent to our servers over a secure channel using HTTPS protocols. We also limit access of third parties to the Services by requiring the use of a password and by determining different access levels to Users.
If we learn of a security breach, then we will notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps as well as post a notice on the App.
Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
- Your Compliance with Privacy and Health-Related-Information Laws
YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU MUST REFRAIN FROM UPLOADING OR SUBMITTING PERSONAL MEDICAL DATA WHICH MIGHT BE CONSIDERED AS PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION UNLESS YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE NECESSARY AUTHORIZATIONS AND CONSENTS TO ALLOW SUCH UPLOADING OR SUBMISSION. OBTAINING THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORIZATION AND CONSENT IS IN YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. BY UPLOADING OR SUBMITTING INFORMATION, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU CAN UPLOAD OR SUBMIT SUCH INFORMATION IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS AND REGULATIONS. WE WILL NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY IN THIS RESPECT.
- Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to update or modify the Personal Information, close your Account or delete the Personal Information included therein, you may do so using the Settings of the Account or by sending us an e-mail request to Info@WeAreSumma.com and we will make reasonable efforts to do so pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
Cancelling your Account may cause an inability to access your Account and/or the loss of certain information (including, without limitation any Personal Information). We do not and will not accept any liability for information loss. It is in your sole responsibility and liability to document your information as required by law (including without limitation, under applicable privacy and/or health-related-information-law or regulation).
- Third Party Software/Service
- International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third-party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
- Cookies & Local Storage